Life's an Adventure

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGG!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

One day at a time

 I have been neglecting this. Not that anyone really follows me anyway but it makes me feel better to write, it is my cheap therapy. My mom came down and we had an absolutely amazing week. It was so nice to see her, it was like a piece of home was in Texas with me. She is my best friend, it felt like I had never left. I was really sad to see her go but now I can look forward to her and my dad coming back for Thanksgiving. We aren't going to be able to make it home for Christmas because the flights are really expensive. That's okay though soon after Christmas Chase and I will be making plans to go home for good. Speaking of going home I am really nervous about it. It seems like some of my friends have forgotten me. It would just be nice to know that they are occassionally thinking of me. Instead they feel the need to text me and tell me about them. I love to hear about other people but it would be nice to be recongized once in awhile. I know I can't dwell on it because I don't know where they are going to be in their lives when I get back but it is still nerve racking.

   On a brighter note there are a few things that I am excited about. I start school in a week. I checked out the campus today and it is amazing! I have to go tomorrow and make sure my financial aid is going to pay for it, I am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong. Another thing is that my baby niece clara is going to be born soon in December. I got to watch the gender reveal on the webcam, wish I was there. can't wait to see my older niece and my nephews when I get back they are getting so big so fast! I also went shopping today. If you know me, you know I don't like to shop because I hate my body. It doesn't matter what other people tell me. It only matters how I see myself. This has been a forever battle with myself. I have decided that I have enough on my plate then to worry about what I look like 24/7. As long as we eat right and I exercise a couple times a week, I should be less hard on myself. So I bought two pairs of jeans and two polos. It was hard to see the sizes that I was wearing but life isn't about a number it is about living and I am going to take full advantage of it!

   Back to something serious, my uncle is on life support. He was hit by a car they are assuming it is a hit and run. I don't know why someone was just walk away from that. Although he is showing some signs of improvement, but he does have brain damage. I am so hopeful for him and hope he knows that he has people around him that love him dearly.

Lesson of the week: Relax and take one day at a time. That shouldn't just be the lesson of the week it should be my motto. I am slowly learning how to do this and not worry about everything and everyone that is around me and not around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home