Life's an Adventure

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGG!

Friday, May 21, 2010

First Blog EVER

I have never had one of these things before so I thought I would try it out.. As most people know I am currently living in Texas with my finance Chase and it has not been an easy road. I decided to just pick up and live here for a year. Which completely surprised me because I have never been away from home until now, I didn't even want to go away to school. I transfered the classes they would let me to online so I could finish them here and I did and got A's. I have really fallen behind in school and am not where I am supposed to but who cares life is an adventure. I just recently found out that the college here as a degree program that would be great to take to be able to take over my mom's business when I go home. That is my dream to eventually own my own business.
Texas has been a whole new experience and a lot of life lessons have come my way. Wasn't sure where I was going to live since my boyfriend at the time was a single soldier living in the barracks and I cannot live. He found the first thing he thought we could afford so I would have somewhere to stay. It was a duplex and not in the best neighborhood but he did what he could with the time he had. Our house got broken into and to follow that I got hit by a guy in the PX and have been without a car for two weeks when it wasn't even my fault.
What I have learned from all this is that I am truly in love with Chase and if we can get through all these challenges then married life can't be much harder. I have had a chance to really find out who my real friends were and who was still going to be there when I get back. One person I know I can always depend on is Chase and that is an amazing feeling. I have also had a chance to find out who I am and not have to worry about work, I really want to focus on my relationship and school.
Army life is not what I expected. Most couples have families and the ones that don't are always drinking on the weekends and I don't mind doing that once in awhile but would rather do something else. Aside from that even though I am not in the military I still have rules that I have to follow. Most of all the Army comes first before anything, which can be a tough adjustment at first but I have gotten used to it.. Oh yeah and rank matters, you can never just talk to somebody you have to make sure you are respectful even if they are in normal clothes because you don't know if when they put on uniform they could out rank you ad get you in trouble.
I have learned and been a lot while being down here and have only been here since February. I am excited to learn more and find out what is going to happen next, after all life is an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home